Today’s post is bought to you by the letter I.
1. This letter I is 25 cm high
2. It’s made of brown cardboard.
3. I bought it from Hobbycraft (again). It’s another letter I have decorated using paper. This time I used an old map I bought in a junk shop and watered down PVA glue. I drew around the letter and added an extra couple of inches all around so I could fold the extra paper down the sides of the letter. I trimmed the excess paper away then cut another letter I the same size as the cardboard letter and glued this to the other side, covering up all the rough edges.
4. I’ve always thought it would be nice to do a whole word (like HOME) using a map of the actual area you lived in. That would be a real nice new house present.
5. It’s not an easy font to identify as many I’s look the same …but I’d say it was a slab serif like, maybe, ooh lovely Rockwell.
6. Good words that begin with I: idiot, incidental, icky