It took me about 3 attempts to master the technique but then they become super speedy and addictive to make.
You will need, thin a4 sheets of coloured paper, scissors,
1. From the short edge of the sheet of paper cut a strip approximately 3cm wide
2. Starting in one corner fold a triangle, making sure the triangles edge lines up neatly with the rest of the strip
3. Repeat four more times folding the triangles in on themselves along the paper strip.
4. Cut what’s left of the strip so there is a 1cm tab of paper left.
5. On this tab of paper fold the top down to form a small triangle
6. Gently pinch the edges of the big triangle towards each other and it will open.
7. Carefully poke the tab of paper into the opening (this seemed impossible the first time I did it but I got the hang of it after about 3 attempts)
8. Your triangle will now be held closed and won’t unfold
9. Hold the triangle by its odd corner and cut rounded edges on the two equal corners.
10. Now use the closed blades of your scissors and pass them between the folds of paper through the two cut corners.
11. Use them and your fingers to push the top of the heart open to begin creating the 3D effect
12. Finally use your thumb nail to press the top of the heart down to make the hearts ‘dip’.
SHARE THE LOVE
Why not make a bunch and then go scatter them round your neighbourhood. We all need a little extra love these days.