These paper hearts are a perfect Valentines craft. Make small ones to scatter around and use as confetti or larger ones and string them on a garland or use as a present topper.
It took me about 3 attempts to master the technique but then they become super speedy and addictive to make.
You will need, thin a4 sheets of coloured paper, scissors,
1. From the short edge of the sheet of paper cut a strip approximately 3cm wide
2. Starting in one corner fold a triangle, making sure the triangles edge lines up neatly with the rest of the strip
3. Repeat four more times folding the triangles in on themselves along the paper strip.
4. Cut what’s left of the strip so there is a 1cm tab of paper left.
5. On this tab of paper fold the top down to form a small triangle
6. Gently pinch the edges of the big triangle towards each other and it will open.
7. Carefully poke the tab of paper into the opening (this seemed impossible the first time I did it but I got the hang of it after about 3 attempts)
8. Your triangle will now be held closed and won’t unfold
9. Hold the triangle by its odd corner and cut rounded edges on the two equal corners.
10. Now use the closed blades of your scissors and pass them between the folds of paper through the two cut corners.
11. Use them and your fingers to push the top of the heart open to begin creating the 3D effect
12. Finally use your thumb nail to press the top of the heart down to make the hearts ‘dip’.
SHARE THE LOVE
Why not make a bunch and then go scatter them round your neighbourhood. We all need a little extra love these days.
If you are looking for an extra special little gift for your crafty loved ones this year then head over to my ETSY store where I am giving away a free gift with every copy of my book Pompomania sold through the site. I have a limited edition of 20 signed and dedicated books and with that you will get a free pompom pudding, mini pompom maker and ball of wool. Gift wrapped and ready to go, cute right? All for just £10. Click here to visit my store SewyeahStudio.
Small and perfectly formed Pompomania is full of top tips and tutorials on how to make a whole variety of cute and unusual pompoms. I mean who doesn’t need some pompom sushi in their lives?!
Or pompoms with hearts inside?
I’ve just found out that Amazon is out of stock and we’re not sure they are going to have it back in by Christmas (epic fail!) but worry not – The Book People, Waterstones and WHS have lots of copies (click the names to visit the store).
Go on – buy one – tick something of the Christmas to do list!
Anyone for Christmas pudding? No? How about a pompom Christmas pudding?
Christmas pudding is one of those festive traditions that divides people – some people love it, some think its a total waste of a pudding. Me? I’ll just take the brandy butter any day.
But who couldn’t love this pompom pudding? Great as a tree decoration or a little stocking filler. This pompom is a project is fast becoming a new Christmas tradition – I shared the step by step instructions on the Loveknitting blog a few days ago so if you are looking for a little bit of Yuletide craftiness click here and get pompoming!
I’ve finally taken the plunge and opened an etsy shop selling my wares Sewyeahstudio – I’ve started small but hope to add more things as time goes by.
To begin with I present to you the Confetti bag range – a selection of purses and clutch bags/ ipad cases hand made using all my favourite things – lovely soft grey marl sweatshirt material – (I really want to call the range Sweaty Confetti but not sure it gives the right impression) – sparkly chevron lining and an awesome confetti pattern made up of glitter, neon and metallic vinyl. They make awesome Christmas presents if I do say so myself!
THE CONFETTI COIN PURSE
This purse measures 11 x 8 cm and can be personalised with up to three initials. Each purse is handmade and no two are alike as I use a variety of zippers and every confetti pattern is different. Prices start at £10. Click here for more info
lovely lining …
THE CONFETTI ENVELOPE CLUTCH
This envelope style clutch measures 26 x 19 cm and is the perfect size for an ipad air 2 or similar tablet. It also makes an awesome Christmas party clutch Again it can be personalised with up to three initials. Prices start at £22. Click here for more info …
THE CONFETTI ZIPPED CLUTCH
This zipped clutch measures 27 x 19 cm and is the perfect size for an ipad air 2 or similar tablet. It also makes an awesome Christmas party clutch with added pompom for extra party vibes. Again it can be personalised with up to three initials. Prices start at £22. Click here for more info …